Below are various ways you can serve to help in the preparation and execution of excellent & meaningful worship services. Please contact the ministry leader for the activity you're interested in or, if no ministry leader is listed, call the church office for more information at 989.755.1144.
Volunteers help, on a monthly basis, in setting up for Holy Communion and Baptisms, which are held
in the Church, as well as cleaning and maintaining the altar area of the church and chapel.
Contact Ann Braun at 989.799.8098.
All students are invited to serve as acolytes (candle lighters) for Sunday worship services
as well as for the special worship services during the school year.
Boar’s Head Christmas Festival
Boar's Head is a unique Bethlehem tradition that takes place every year at the beginning of December. Because of its grand scale, the festival calls for a large, dedicated crew of volunteers. In addition to the cast, there are those who help with parking, ushering, greeting, lighting, costumes, props, directing, music, publicity, and casting. Begun in 1984, The Boar’s Head Christmas Festival has been Bethlehem’s Christmas gift to the Greater Saginaw Community for over 30 years. Click here to learn more about the Boar’s Head Festival.
Senior choir practices every Thursday evening during the School Year and sings in the Church Services
about four times a month. They also sing in the Boar’s Head Festival. For more information about the choir, please contact Mr. George Frank at 989.652.2345. Restarts Sept. 16, 2021
The Church Mice clean, pick-up, and reorganize the pews and the hymnal racks so that all Bethlehem attenders can enjoy a clean and distraction-free worship environment.
Greeters have the unique privilege of being the face of Bethlehem Church. These volunteers are tasked with warmly greeting all people who walk through the door at Bethlehem on Sunday morning. They also are quick to help newcomers find their way around.
Lay readers are trained volunteers who assist the pastors by reading the Scripture during
the Sunday and Monday worship services.
Volunteers help with the distribution of service folders, collecting the offering during the worship service, ushering people during Communion, and tidying up after the services.
Visitor Center Greeter*
Our Visitor Center is designed to welcome newcomers with helpful information about who we are as a church family. The Visitor Center Greeter is there as a friendly face, willing and eager to answer any questions a visitor may have.
Worship Arts Team
Bethlehem’s worship arts team seeks to serve our congregation thru music, visual arts, and technology. There are a variety of ways to serve within this team:
1. Band: Our band meets to rehearse during the week and then leads music for our 9 am contemporary worship service. We are always looking for more musicians to join our group!
2. Visual Artists: We recognize the value of art; we encourage visual artists to create beautiful things to share with the congregation to remind us of our beautiful and creative God!
3. Projectionists: Both our 9 am and 10:30 am services use projection to aid in the worship experience. You don't need to be a pro with technology to run projection; training is provided!
4. Video Technician: Each Sunday volunteers livestream and record the Sunday services so they are available to all online. Training provided.
5. Sound Technician: Hearing is integral to sharing the Gospel. Sound techs mix our services so that we can clearly hear the Gospel message proclaimed in both worship services thru word & song. Training provided.
If you are interested in learning more about any of the opportunities listed under the Worship Arts Team please contact Alex Holcomb at 989.755.1144x107 or by email.
*For more info or to sign up to help with these ministries, please contact the church office at 989.755.1144