COVID-19 Update: As of May 13, 2020
On Wednesday, May 7, Gov. Whitmer expressed the necessity of extending the “Stay at Home, Stay Safe” executive order until Thursday, May 28th. We will continue to honor and follow these guidelines. It is our duty to honor and obey our civil authorities especially as they seek our welfare and health. Jesus second command was to love our neighbor as ourselves. The coronavirus pandemic provides us with numerous ways to express God’s love and our love to our neighbors.
I would like to take a brief moment to explain what that means for Bethlehem.
1. As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020 our church and school offices have been closed. The CHURCH AND SCHOOL OFFICES will remain closed until at least Monday, June 1 or we are notified that we are safe to reopen. The staff will continue to be working remotely from home. You may reach them through email or phone.
and Krystena Drayer.
2. We will have to suspend our worship services through at least Sunday, May 31. Although this is disappointing to all of us, imagine the joyous celebration we will have when we are able to worship corporately again.
3. Bethlehem will continue to provide worship services for those Sundays we are suspended online at our website, Bethlehemsaginaw.org or on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ5xJH43WTseIEUS3oucJ8w
4. DRIVE-UP COMMUNION FOR BETHLEHEM: Since God’s Family at Bethlehem has been unable to meet together for the Lord’s Supper because of the Coronavirus restrictions, the Board of Elders has approved a safe procedure for reception of the Lord’s Supper by Drive-up Communion. Drive-up communion will held on Wednesday, May 20 & June 10 from 4 until 6 pm. Families will be able to individually receive the Lord’s Supper in their cars. Every effort has been made to provide Communion that is safe, sanitized and maintains social distancing. A video and detailed instructions have been provided on Bethlehem’s website. Please review these before participating. It is anticipated that until restrictions are lifted, we will have drive-up communion on the Wednesdays following the first and third Sunday of the month.
If you are at high risk or do not feel comfortable please stay safe and stay home. We will look forward to the time when we can once again gather inside Bethlehem and celebrate His feast.
5. Unfortunately, important faith events like Bethlehem’s “Faith Witnessing Sunday” and Confirmation will also be delayed. We will plan to celebrate these with joy when it is safe and prudent to do so.
6. As we encourage people to “Stay Home, Stay Safe” all Bethlehem meetings, gatherings, and events have been suspended until at least June 1.
7. Your continued support of Bethlehem is appreciated. As our most of our operating expenses remain and we continue to pay our school teaching staff during this time. You may your tithing and offering of gifts by:
a. Mailing in your offering to the church office.
b. Signing up to give electronically on our website https://www.bethlehemsaginaw.org/
c. Texting your gifts to 833-417-6255
8. Bethlehem’s School continues to lead the way in educating our students by teaching through e-learning. Our staff have done a tremendous job and students and their families are participating. The last day of virtual classes will be Friday, May 22. Graduation ceremonies of our Eighth Graders, Kindergarteners, and Pre-school will be suspended until they are safe to be held.
9. Keep the Bethlehem family and friends in mind. Call up the person who sits next to you in church. Text a friend you haven’t seen for several weeks. Share Christ’s love in many and creative ways with our members and our neighbors.
10. Continue to keep our government, medical workers, those afflicted by the virus, Bethlehem members and staff in your prayers.
11. Thank you for your patience and flexibility during these trying times. Continue to keep informed about changing events.